- Manufacturer: Garrett (USA)
- Model: AT Gold
- Year: 2010
- Type: ground and underwater detector
- Display: Yes
- Technology: VLF
- Frequency: 18 kHz
- VDI / Numerical Target-ID: Yes
- Manual ground balance: Yes
- Automatic ground balance: Yes
- Noise cancel: Yes
- Sound, tones: 3
- Adjusting the volume: No
- Pinpoint: Yes
- Using headphones: Yes
- Search coil: Garrett 5x8 DD PROformance
Garrett AT Gold on MD Hunter (latest, see all →)
Coils for Garrett AT Gold
- Garrett 4.5 Super Sniper • round • inches 4.5 • cm 11
- Garrett 5x8 DD PROformance • DD • ellipse • inches 5x8 • cm 14 x 20
- Garrett 6.5x9 PROformance • Concentric • ellipse • inches 6.5x9 • cm 17 x 23
- Garrett 8.5x11 PROformance DD • DD • ellipse • inches 8.5x11 • cm 22 x 28
- Garrett 9x12 PROformance • Concentric • ellipse • inches 9x12 • cm 23 x 30
- MarsMD 10x6 Sniper • DD • ellipse • inches 10x6 • cm 25 x 15
- MarsMD 13 Discovery • DD • round • inches 13 • cm 33
- MarsMD 13x10 Tiger • DD • ellipse • inches 13x10 • cm 33 x 25
- MarsMD 15 Goliath • DD • round • inches 15 • cm 38
- Nel 12.5x8.5 Hunter • DD • ellipse • inches 12.5x8.5 • cm 32 x 22
- Nel 12x13 Tornado • DD • ellipse • inches 12x13 • cm 30 x 33
- Nel 13x14 Storm • DD • ellipse • inches 13x14 • cm 33 x 36
- Nel 15 Attack • DD • round • inches 15 • cm 38
- Nel 15x17 BIG • DD • ellipse • inches 15x17 • cm 38 x 43
- Nel 5 Sharp • DD • round • inches 5 • cm 13
- Nel 6.5x3.5 Snake • DD • ellipse • inches 6.5x3.5 • cm 17 x 9
- Nel 9.5x5.5 Sharpshooter • DD • ellipse • inches 9.5x5.5 • cm 24 x 14
- Nel Thunder • DD • ellipse • inches 14x10 • cm 36 x 25
The Garrett AT Gold is a semi-professional metal detector. It is designed for ground und underwater search of small non-ferrous targets (gold nuggets, gold jewellery less than 1 gram, chains), as well as can be applied for search of coins, things and different items due to its flexible tuning.
The Garrett AT Gold is an amphibian metal detector, that’s why it allows you to successfully work not only on land, but also under water at the depth up to 3 meters. The AT Gold is both water- and dustproof machine which allows it to be resistant to mud and to operate trouble-free in any rain.
The electronic circuitry of the Garrett AT Gold metal detector is based on VLF technology. The operating frequency of the device is 18 kHz which allows it to identify the small targets better. The control housing is equipped with the LCD-screen that displays information about a find and detector settings. There are two rows of buttons located below the screen, with the help of which the device can be fine tuned for specific search conditions. In addition to True All Metal Mode, the detector has two discrimination modes – DISC 1 or DISC 2, by choosing which the operator receives more information about a find, as well as the ability to identify trash targets. The metal discrimination on the visual scale is divided into 20 segments where each one can be excluded from search. There is a depth indicator with 5 scale divisions (values in centimeters). Also, the AT Gold has VDI/TargetID, adjustable sensitivity, ground balance, threshold, pinpoint mode and frequency setting (for eliminating electrical interference). The sensitivity is adjusted in the range of 1-8. The detector has both automatic and manual ground balance. The threshold also operates in auto and manual modes. A 3-tone audio response is applied for indicating a find. The detector has a 6.35mm headphone jack.
The Garrett AT Gold detector is much similar to its twin brother Garrett AT Pro International. But nevertheless there are a number of fundamental differences between them. For example, the AT Gold has a zero discrimination mode (True All-Metal Mode) which increases the sensitivity of the device to small non-ferrous targets; as well as a Notch Discrimination function which allows the specific target types to be accepted or rejected. An Iron Audio response in the AT Gold works both in discrimination and all-metal modes, whereas the threshold can be tuned both automatically and manually.
The Garrett AT Gold metal detector comes with the Garrett 5×8’’ AT DD PROformance coil, which is very effective to locate small finds, as standard equipment. For this detector there also exist other coils of different sizes and parameters. The power supply of the unit is 4 AA batteries. The size of the device is 106-129cm (adjustable height). The weight of the Garrett AT Gold (assembled) is 1.4 kg.