- Manufacturer: Fisher (USA)
- Model: Gold Bug DP
- Type: ground detector
- Display: Yes
- Technology: VLF
- Frequency: 19 kHz
- VDI / Numerical Target-ID: Yes
- Manual ground balance: Yes
- Automatic ground balance: No
- Noise cancel: Yes
- Sound, tones: 4
- Adjusting the volume: No
- Pinpoint: Yes
- Using headphones: Yes
- Search coil: Fisher 11 DD Bi-Axial (11COIL-GB)
Fisher Gold Bug DP on MD Hunter
Coils for Fisher Gold Bug DP
- Detech 10x5 SEF WSS • ellipse • inches 10x5 • cm 25 x 13
- Fisher 10 (10COIL-GB2) • Concentric • ellipse • inches 10x0 • cm 25 x 0
- Fisher 10 Solid DD (10COILDD-GB) • DD • ellipse • inches 10x0 • cm 25 x 0
- Fisher 11 DD Bi-Axial (11COIL-GB) • DD • ellipse • inches 11x0 • cm 28 x 0
- Fisher 14 (14COIL-7-GB) • Concentric • ellipse • inches 14x0 • cm 36 x 0
- Fisher 5 DD (5COIL-GBUG) • DD • round • inches 5 • cm 13
- Fisher 6.5 (6COILE-7-GB2) • Concentric • ellipse • inches 6x0 • cm 15 x 0
- MarsMD 13 Discovery • DD • round • inches 13 • cm 33
- MarsMD 13x10 Tiger • DD • ellipse • inches 13x10 • cm 33 x 25
- MarsMD 15 Goliath • DD • round • inches 15 • cm 38
- Nel 12.5x8.5 Hunter • DD • ellipse • inches 12.5x8.5 • cm 32 x 22
- Nel 12x13 Tornado • DD • ellipse • inches 12x13 • cm 30 x 33
- Nel 13x14 Storm • DD • ellipse • inches 13x14 • cm 33 x 36
- Nel 15 Attack • DD • round • inches 15 • cm 38
- Nel 15x17 BIG • DD • ellipse • inches 15x17 • cm 38 x 43
- Nel 5 Sharp • DD • round • inches 5 • cm 13
- Nel 6.5x3.5 Snake • DD • ellipse • inches 6.5x3.5 • cm 17 x 9
- Nel 9.5x5.5 Sharpshooter • DD • ellipse • inches 9.5x5.5 • cm 24 x 14
- Nel Thunder • DD • ellipse • inches 14x10 • cm 36 x 25
The Fisher Gold Bug DP is a professional metal detector designed for finding gold nuggets in highly mineralized soils. It is an all-purpose device suitable for search of jewellery and coins, as well as antique and empire items. The Fisher Gold Bug DP allows you to work not only on land, but also in coastal areas or streams, with submersion of the search coil in water just up to the control box (the coil is waterproof only, the control box of the detector isn’t).
The electronic circuitry of the device is based on VLF technology. The detector operates at a 19 kHz frequency. There are two potentiometers located on the front panel of the control box. The left one is responsible for On/Off power and sensitivity level, while the right one switches the operation of the device between ALL-METAL and DISCRIMINATION modes, as well as adjusts threshold level.
The metal discrimination on the visual scale is divided into 11 segments.
There is a 7-segment signal strength indicator and in ALL-METAL mode it shows the level of ground mineralization. The screen also displays other additional functions which are helpful in search: VDI/Target ID, adjustable sensitivity, ground balancing, threshold, pinpoint mode and noise elimination. The ground balancing in the Fisher Gold Bug DP metal detector is automatic, as well as the manual one is also provided. Its tuning range (with values on the right side of the screen) is 0-99. The threshold is adjusted manually and ranges from -40 to +40. A 4-tone audio response is applied for indicating a find. The detector is equipped with both a 3.5mm and 6.35mm headphone jack.
The Fisher Gold Bug DP metal detector comes with the Fisher 11 DD Bi-Axial coil as standard equipment (it’s named as 11COIL-GB in the manufacturer’s catalogue). For this device there exist other coils of different sizes and parameters. The power supply of the detector is 1 ”krona” battery. The size of the device is 105-130cm (adjustable height). The weight of the Fisher Gold Bug DP (assembled) is 2.5kg.